Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Getting Up And Doing Something

The past week and a half has been pretty heavy. My mom decided to buy me an apartment. That's right. BUY. We looked at a couple that I really like, but nothing is definate yet. My first reaction to all of this was, of course to reject it, and convince myself that I wasn't worthy of having my mom offer to buy me a place to live. However, after talking to some of my friends, I realized how greatful I should be and that I should stop whining and take the chance while I can. So, I'm still looking and hoping I can find somewhere close to the theatre (fingers crossed).

I've also made the decission of going back to school. I sent in an application to the New York Film Acadamy for their one year Acting for Film program. It's better than sitting around the apartment with nothing to do, and it's way better than sitting in my dad's office with nothing to do. At least now I can have some responsibilty, and not feel like I'm wasting my life.

2 comments:

ruby sneakers said...

congrats on both, man.

Christopher Scott said...

Yes. Take it and do it, good sir. I totally understand the difficulty with accepting something like that but (1) they want you to be save and happy, (2) it is a good investment and one you can use now, (3) if will make life more difficult so that you can follow your dreams, (4) if you get on near the theater we'll all crash there next DCM, and (5) your mom clearly wants you out. WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN.