Thursday, July 17, 2008

IMAX

This may sound totally weird, but I have never seen a movie in IMAX before. In fact up until a few days ago, I didnt know what the difference between IMAX and a regular movie theater was. It's the truth. No explanation. Just how it is. Now everyone is racing to go see Dark Knight in IMAX and tickets are sold out all week. From what I've read (and I may be late in the game on this one, so stop if you already know this) this is the first major motion picture to use any IMAX cameras, so the movie was made to be enjoyed in IMAX. Seeing it in any other regular, plain Jane movie theater would be pointless. You'd be missing the most awesome parts of the film. If this is the case, then I guess I can wait another week to see what all the fuss is about.

4 comments:

Christopher Scott said...

To be clear, only a few scenes were shot with IMAX cameras.

benzado said...

I once took a girl to see Spider-Man for our first date. Then we kept dating, then she went to India for a year, then Spider-Man 2 came out --- so I waited until she returned to see it with her.

We wound up seeing it in IMAX by default, and there was no wait for tickets because the movie had already been out for a while.

I'll say it was worth the wait.

P.S. The Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh has an OMNIMAX theatre. How do you like them apples?

ruby sneakers said...

up until sunday, i thought IMAX and OMNIMAX were the same thing. how do
you like THEM apples?

TDK in omnimax would be fucking insane.

Kelly Q E said...

i thought that batman begins was shot with imax cameras??? omg i remember people going to the theaters for that one big time! so i saw dark knight for the second time yesterday but at imax. here's a word of advice, if you aren't going to get there and secure any seat behind the front row, it's NOT WORTH IT. holy shit! my neck hurts!