Monday, August 4, 2008

Long Weekend

This weekend felt very long. I helped Matt move into his new apartment on Thursday, which made me dead tired on Friday. I don't know why my brain didn't register helping someone move equals lifting heavy objects. I'm the LAST person anyone would think to do that. It wasn't that bad, though. Chris and I got free pizza and popsicles out of it. It did make me realize that I need to take better care of myself. There is a gym in my building that I have never used. Perhaps it would be a good idea to visit once in a while.

Also, both my teams had such awesome shows this weekend. Something I really admire in an improviser is the ability to hang back in a show. To really listen to everything that is going on, and then chime in at the perfect moment. I've been trying to do that in shows recently. To just practice listening and supporting, and not worry about stuff like "Oh, I haven't been in a scene in like seven minutes". It feels really good to not have that pressure, and to really trust your teammates, and just enjoy your own show.

3 comments:

Christopher Scott said...

I've noticed you doing that more. You do it well. The Iron Ruckus show was great. The phone call group game as fantastic (Moose!).

Anna said...

I was just gonna ask, what happens when you grab a moose by his horns?

Andrea said...

That's a great thing to work on (hanging back and listening, that is). I think I am going to be uninventive and do the exact same for a little and see how it sits for me.

thanks for adding me as a blog friend, by the way! I think you might be my first!

SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND ... from one back line to another!